Positive Inspirational Stories
Featured Inspirational Story - December 2015 and January 2016
Letting the yeast work its magic
Carefully examining a display in the drugstore, a man asked the pharmacist . . . 'Do you really guarantee this hair-restorer?'
The pharmacist responded . . . Better than that, sir. We give a comb with every bottle.'
Wouldn't you love to have that kind of confidence?
One man quipped . . . 'When it comes to believing in myself, I'm an agnostic.'
One of the greatest problems many people experience is lack of confidence. Some don't believe they 'have what it takes,' others are afraid to try something they've never done before, others hang back out of shyness and still others don't believe they measure up to friends or colleagues.
Of course, those inner fears do not need to define you. Or control you and one of the simplest ways to banish them is through healthy self-talk. It has taken most of a lifetime, but here are some things I now know about confidence:
• Your words and your thoughts have immense power. Be careful what you think and say.
• Be gentle with yourself. Don't say you don't like your body, your looks or your personality. Treat yourself like a good friend. (If you don't, who will?)
• Don't beat yourself up over mistakes. We all make them. Tell yourself you'll do better next time and let it go.
• Remember what you do well and don't worry about the rest. You have a unique contribution to this world.
• Remind yourself that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. You may need to tell yourself this many times.
• Tell yourself that your fear will not hold you back. Tell yourself that you can do what you're afraid to do. Encourage yourself.
Too many of us are not aware of the tremendous power of our words and thoughts. They are yeast in life's dough. They quietly work deep inside until they eventually change the character of the dough itself. Those who move from fear to confidence, those who believe in themselves and are secure within, have learned to let the yeast of good words and thoughts grow - to work their magic.
And be assured - they will work their magic.
Written by Steve Goodier
Learn more about the work of Steve Goodier at . . . lifesupportsystem >>>
- Finding a Forever Home
- Grandma's Thimble
- When you thought I wasn't looking
- Left Behind
- Enjoy your nectarine
- The Old Phone . . . How do you spell fix?
- You make a difference
- Lessons from Geese
- The Richest Man in the Valley
- The Making of a Memory
- Why The Elephants Don't Run
- The Sandpiper . . . to bring you joy
- They don't walk in your shoes . . . Click, Click, Click!
- The Happiest Day of My Life
- Courage - Despite the Odds
- You just never know
- Learning to Listen
- If it is meant to be, it will be
- The Learning Tree
- The Red Marbles
- The Weeds of Our Lives
- The Distinct Sound of Purring
- Flowers for the Teacher
- The Red Ribbon
- Santa's Love
- All The Good Things
- Yusuf - He's My Brother
- Extra Good Luck
- Hoo Hoo Fraks
- Stand tall like a Sunflower
- Unique Words of Forgiveness
- I Got Back On My Seat
- Brick Wall
- White Envelopes
- Love and Music in Their Hearts
- Birthday Cards with Secret Codes
- Gift Exhange - lessons about life!
- When the message light doesn't blink
- Tenant Farmers
- I know you by heart
- In Clay Vessels
- Letting Go
- When the nest emptied
- When the birdies came
- Broken Eggs and Shattered Glass
- After the applause, make time for words of praise!
- Are you a bucker filler or a dipper
- Choosing Confidence
- The Stone Soup Story
- A Mother's Job
- Hugging Life
- The Perfect Partnership
- Acknowledging a Special Treat
- A Different Perspective
- Life is meant to be lived
- Treasured Traditions
- Rules for a better way to live
- I Just Get Started
- Memories sustain us on Father’s Day
- Creating Opportunity
- Forgiving without condoning or forgetting
- Nothing is long or short, hot or cold, good or bad!
- The Power of Discipline
- Sentry of the Homestead
- You deserve an Academy Award!
- All in the Family
- What is your Passion?
- We danced through life
- A choice to make
- Five ingredients of personal growth
- Acres of Diamonds
- If you look like a duck . . .
- The Secret of Happiness
- Harvesting Love
- It's music to your ears
- A Special Brand of Luck
- They are just empty cars
- Thou Art An Eagle
- Encouragement Works
- When you're in the cement mixer
- Plant Annually
- Life and Its Legs
- No Barriers in Life
- Getting Started
- Good Leaders are Good Followers
- How much do you want it to be
- How to improve your vision
- What forgiveness will buy
- Why let that hold you back
- Letting the yeast work its magic