Positive Inspirational Stories
Finding a Forever Home
Early one morn when a tiny pup,
My Mama wept out of control.
With teary eyes she cried, and said,
Today you're being sold.
Still whimpering, she promised,
You'll have a great life little boy.
Very soon you'll forget about us,
And be someone's pride and joy.
She said, 'You're off to a forever home,
Cause that's what fur babies do.
That's Mother Nature's plan for pups,
You'll be loved and cared for too.'
But I was only six weeks old,
Way too young to be on my own.
I needed my Mama and littermates.
I trembled, cried, and moaned.
Those new people were never home.
If they loved me, it didn't show.
Alone in a cage, I cried all day,
And the hours crept by so slow.
Within a few days we took a trip,
I was dumped where homeless dogs stay.
As I searched their eyes for answers,
They just turned and walked away.
I had been good, even though afraid,
And wondered, what did I do wrong?
A baby schnauzer needs lots of love,
And to feel they really belong.
Three whole weeks I bounced around,
As confused as a pup could be.
It wasn't like Mama promised at all,
A great life wasn't meant for me.
Every day I woke up scared,
Would I move again today?
Why couldn't anyone love me?
They just kept throwing me away.
Finally two more people arrived,
I sensed only warmth this time.
They scooped me up and kissed me,
And said, now your life will be divine.
They took me to a wonderful home,
With another doggy and tons of toys.
They say I'm called a rescue dog,
But mainly I'm a much-loved boy.
At last my great life has begun,
And no more will my heart ache.
We snuggle close in bed at night,
And I get kisses when I wake.
My heart smiles in my forever home,
And love sparkles in my people's eyes.
I'm only touched with gentle hands,
And baby Hank never, ever cries.
Written by Kathleene S. Baker
Kathy resides in Plano, Texas with husband Jerry, and two precious pups, Hank and Samantha. She enjoys writing, needlework, and fishing. As a freelancer, she has contributed to newspapers, anthologies, magazines, online ezines including Chicken Soup for the Soul and writes a weekly column entitled The Heart of Texas.
- Inspirational Stories
- Finding a Forever Home
- Grandma's Thimble
- When you thought I wasn't looking
- Left Behind
- Enjoy your nectarine
- The Old Phone . . . How do you spell fix?
- You make a difference
- Lessons from Geese
- The Richest Man in the Valley
- The Making of a Memory
- Why The Elephants Dont Run
- The Sandpiper . . . to bring you joy
- They don't walk in your shoes . . . Click, Click, Click!
- The Happiest Day of My Life
- Courage - Despite the Odds
- You just never know
- Learning to Listen
- If it is meant to be, it will be
- The Learning Tree
- The Red Marbles
- The Weeds of Our Lives
- The Distinct Sound of Purring
- Flowers for the Teacher
- The Red Ribbon
- Santa's Love
- All The Good Things
- Yusuf - He's My Brother
- Extra Good Luck
- Hoo Hoo Fraks
- Stand tall like the Sunflower
- Unique Words of Forgiveness
- I Got Back On My Seat
- Brick Wall
- White Envelopes
- Love and Music in Their Hearts
- Birthday Cards with Secret Codes
- Gift Exchange - lessons about life!
- When the message light doesn't blink
- Tenant Farmers
- I know you by heart
- In Clay Vessels
- Letting Go
- When the nest emptied
- When the birdies came
- Broken Eggs and Shattered Glass
- After the applause, make time for words of praise!
- Are you a bucker filler or a dipper
- Choosing Confidence
- The Stone Soup Story
- A Mother's Job
- Hugging Life
- The Perfect Partnership
- Acknowledging a Special Treat
- A Different Perspective
- Life is meant to be lived
- Treasured Traditions
- Rules for a better way to live
- I Just Get Started
- Memories sustain us on Father's Day
- Creating Opportunity
- Forgiving without condoning or forgetting
- Nothing is long or short, hot or cold, good or bad!
- The Power of Discipline
- Sentry of the Homestead
- You deserve an Academy Award!
- All in the Family
- What is your Passion?
- We danced through life
- A choice to make
- Five ingredients of personal growth
- Acres of Diamonds
- If you look like a duck . . .
- The Secret of Happiness
- Harvesting Love
- It's music to your ears
- A Special Brand of Luck
- They are just empty cars
- Thou Art An Eagle
- Encouragement Works
- When you're in the cement mixer
- Plant Annually
- Life and Its Legs
- No Barriers in Life
- Getting Started
- Good Leaders are Good Followers
- How much do you want it to be
- How to improve your vision
- What forgiveness will buy
- Why let that hold you back
- Letting the yeast work its magic
- 9 things that make good employees quit
- The Beginning of Positive Thinking
- Giving Back
- May you be known by your love
- Expand your vision of possibilities
- We are meant for the skies
- Mr Belser died last night
- Are you dead on the job
- What makes us happy
- Motivating Others
- The clock is running so make the most of today
- Calming the muddy waters
- Keeping New Year's Resolutions - the secret additive
- You are unique
- Web of Love
- Is happiness around the corner
- Seeing Life Through New Eyes
- An enriching action
- The Road to Significance and Success
- The real purpose of your life
- With leadership its the little things that matter
- The Obstacle in our Path
- Good deeds no matter how small can change the world for someone
- Accepting responsibility has its rewards
- An Inspiring Thanksgiving
- The Ever-Flowing Spiral of Love
- Clementine - My Very First Dog
- The Little Nail
- His Greatest Treasure
- Their love comes with no strings and has no boundaries
- Three Simple Words that Change Everything
- Thank You
- Moral Courage - The Engine of Integrity
- The Person in a Different Skin