Positive Inspirational Stories
Positive Featured Inspirational Story - October 1 to October 30, 2011
It's music to your ears
Music, be it listened to, played, composed or appreciated in any other way, has had universal appeal since the dawn of time. Pundits have tried unsuccessfully to understand exactly where music fits into the evolution of life. It's just always been there, ever-ready to respond to our individual creative passion. Music resources our ability to cope with life, in so many ways.
Music is intensely personal
What's music to your ears may be noise to the next person. Like any other form of personal enjoyment, it's your inalienable right to make your own music choices. In that way, music assumes the dignity of reflecting something of the real you, your individuality, your creativity and your unique potential.
Music has incredibly powerful social value
It's one of the most powerful ways of connecting like-minded people. It goes way beyond connecting shared interests and mutually-enjoyed experiences. It brings together emotions, talents, passions, often touching the very souls of others.
Music is energy
Its magic generates, rejuvenates, re-energizes and restores the energy your ongoing resilience demands if you are to survive and thrive today's pressure-cooker lifestyle.
Music is the ultimate in true listening
Music appreciation requires your undivided attention. Anything less and the experience is diminished or lost. It's a wonderful way of learning that the real value of any business or social interaction comes through listening to hear rather than listening to interrupt.
Music is a universal language
Music talks, conveys feelings, breaks down barriers and unifies cultures. Music feeds our hunger to belong. It's the great communicator.
Music empowers you
Music in whatever form you interact with it, puts you back in tune with the real you that you so often repress in favour of being someone you think others expect you to be. The right music for you engenders a beautiful sense of inner peace, makes you feel good about yourself, increases your self-awareness and rekindles your sense of self worth. It reminds you that you're ok.
When you lose yourself in music that you love, you find yourself. That message changed my life a few years ago, when I was lost in a seemingly-endless fog of sadness and despair. It came in the form of an invitation to join a choir. I found myself again in the joy of shared singing. It lifted my spirits and my self esteem again began to soar. The real impact came in the ripple effect it spread throughout everything else in my life. My joy of shared singing expanded my world into a new joy of living.
Music is one of those unfathomable wonders of nature. From whence it came we know not, nor why. But be it a symphony of nature's sounds sights and smells, or the product of creative human emotions, music lives in the very essence of life's joys, colour and grandeur.
Written by Peter Nicholls
Peter is Australia's People Gardener (growing better people) and is an Adelaide-based Lifestyle Mentor. His latest book . . .'The Hunger to Grow' focuses on his special area of interest, helping people turn their dream second half of life into a reality.To learn more about the work of Peter and his latest book, please visit his website at . . . Australia's People Gardener >>>
- Inspirational Stories
- Finding a Forever Home
- Grandma's Thimble
- When you thought I wasn't looking
- Left Behind
- Enjoy your nectarine
- The Old Phone . . . How do you spell fix?
- You make a difference
- Lessons from Geese
- The Richest Man in the Valley
- The Making of a Memory
- Why The Elephants Dont Run
- The Sandpiper . . . to bring you joy
- They don't walk in your shoes . . . Click, Click, Click!
- The Happiest Day of My Life
- Courage - Despite the Odds
- You just never know
- Learning to Listen
- If it is meant to be, it will be
- The Learning Tree
- The Red Marbles
- The Weeds of Our Lives
- The Distinct Sound of Purring
- Flowers for the Teacher
- The Red Ribbon
- Santa's Love
- All The Good Things
- Yusuf - He's My Brother
- Extra Good Luck
- Hoo Hoo Fraks
- Stand tall like the Sunflower
- Unique Words of Forgiveness
- I Got Back On My Seat
- Brick Wall
- White Envelopes
- Love and Music in Their Hearts
- Birthday Cards with Secret Codes
- Gift Exchange - lessons about life!
- When the message light doesn't blink
- Tenant Farmers
- I know you by heart
- In Clay Vessels
- Letting Go
- When the nest emptied
- When the birdies came
- Broken Eggs and Shattered Glass
- After the applause, make time for words of praise!
- Are you a bucker filler or a dipper
- Choosing Confidence
- The Stone Soup Story
- A Mother's Job
- Hugging Life
- The Perfect Partnership
- Acknowledging a Special Treat
- A Different Perspective
- Life is meant to be lived
- Treasured Traditions
- Rules for a better way to live
- I Just Get Started
- Memories sustain us on Father's Day
- Creating Opportunity
- Forgiving without condoning or forgetting
- Nothing is long or short, hot or cold, good or bad!
- The Power of Discipline
- Sentry of the Homestead
- You deserve an Academy Award!
- All in the Family
- What is your Passion?
- We danced through life
- A choice to make
- Five ingredients of personal growth
- Acres of Diamonds
- If you look like a duck . . .
- The Secret of Happiness
- Harvesting Love
- It's music to your ears
- A Special Brand of Luck
- They are just empty cars
- Thou Art An Eagle
- Encouragement Works
- When you're in the cement mixer
- Plant Annually
- Life and Its Legs
- No Barriers in Life
- Getting Started
- Good Leaders are Good Followers
- How much do you want it to be
- How to improve your vision
- What forgiveness will buy
- Why let that hold you back
- Letting the yeast work its magic
- 9 things that make good employees quit
- The Beginning of Positive Thinking
- Giving Back
- May you be known by your love
- Expand your vision of possibilities
- We are meant for the skies
- Mr Belser died last night
- Are you dead on the job
- What makes us happy
- Motivating Others
- The clock is running so make the most of today
- Calming the muddy waters
- Keeping New Year's Resolutions - the secret additive
- You are unique
- Web of Love
- Is happiness around the corner
- Seeing Life Through New Eyes
- An enriching action
- The Road to Significance and Success
- The real purpose of your life
- With leadership its the little things that matter
- The Obstacle in our Path
- Good deeds no matter how small can change the world for someone
- Accepting responsibility has its rewards
- An Inspiring Thanksgiving
- The Ever-Flowing Spiral of Love
- Clementine - My Very First Dog
- The Little Nail