Positive Inspirational Stories
Positive Featured Inspirational Story - November 1st to December 31st 2012
Life and Its Legs
'So now you have a farm, two houses, and four cars, correct?' asked Marcelo.
'Well done!' Marcelo smiled amicably to his old friend. 'And what else have you got? A master's degree from Universidad de Chile, a good and stable job, and what else? Money, ah, how much money have you got? More than a hundred million pesos, I suppose?'
Ivan did not reply, but his smile meant a 'yes' to all of the questions.
'And with all of these in your hands, you're still the first to arrive at work and the last to leave, yes?'
For the second time, Ivan nodded.
'For how long?'
'Three years and a half.'
'Oh, poor Ivan Espinoza,' Marcelo sighed.
For a moment he stopped talking. The conversation that previously was filled with laughter and jokes suddenly turned itself into a deep silence. Marcelo gazed over Ivan and tapped his right shoulder tenderly. An air of confidence was transpired from the light of his eyes, despite his graying eyebrow. 'My friend, did you see that table?'
'Yes,' Ivan glanced to a table next to them.
'How many legs?'
'If you break one of the table's legs, will you have a balanced table?'
'So is life. It's got four legs: education, money, a job you love, and a family you adore. If you break one of life's legs, you will have an imbalanced life,' remarked Marcelo.
Sighing, the man paused for a little while before continuing. 'Now you have a good job, money, and proper education, but you don't see your children except when they are asleep before and after work. Is that a balanced life? You work for your family, don't you?'
'So why do you work so hard but spend less time with them?'
Written by Subhan Zein
Subhan Zein is a PhD candidate at the Australian National University (ANU) and he is an English Instructor at the University of Canberra English Language Institute. Subhan is the author of Malula, a novel published in his home country, Indonesia, in 2010. The beautifully crafted and brilliantly enjoyable fiction is a mind-captivating spiritual journey of Wijaya Kusuma and Jennifer Frazer, a couple who embark on an everlasting quest of finding God. Once a political activist and former president of various youth organizations including PPIA (Perhimpunan Pelajar Indonesia di Australia/The National Board of Indonesian Student Association in Australia), Subhan is a man in a new episode of life. He dreams of becoming an international author.
- Inspirational Stories
- Finding a Forever Home
- Grandma's Thimble
- When you thought I wasn't looking
- Left Behind
- Enjoy your nectarine
- The Old Phone . . . How do you spell fix?
- You make a difference
- Lessons from Geese
- The Richest Man in the Valley
- The Making of a Memory
- Why The Elephants Dont Run
- The Sandpiper . . . to bring you joy
- They don't walk in your shoes . . . Click, Click, Click!
- The Happiest Day of My Life
- Courage - Despite the Odds
- You just never know
- Learning to Listen
- If it is meant to be, it will be
- The Learning Tree
- The Red Marbles
- The Weeds of Our Lives
- The Distinct Sound of Purring
- Flowers for the Teacher
- The Red Ribbon
- Santa's Love
- All The Good Things
- Yusuf - He's My Brother
- Extra Good Luck
- Hoo Hoo Fraks
- Stand tall like the Sunflower
- Unique Words of Forgiveness
- I Got Back On My Seat
- Brick Wall
- White Envelopes
- Love and Music in Their Hearts
- Birthday Cards with Secret Codes
- Gift Exchange - lessons about life!
- When the message light doesn't blink
- Tenant Farmers
- I know you by heart
- In Clay Vessels
- Letting Go
- When the nest emptied
- When the birdies came
- Broken Eggs and Shattered Glass
- After the applause, make time for words of praise!
- Are you a bucker filler or a dipper
- Choosing Confidence
- The Stone Soup Story
- A Mother's Job
- Hugging Life
- The Perfect Partnership
- Acknowledging a Special Treat
- A Different Perspective
- Life is meant to be lived
- Treasured Traditions
- Rules for a better way to live
- I Just Get Started
- Memories sustain us on Father's Day
- Creating Opportunity
- Forgiving without condoning or forgetting
- Nothing is long or short, hot or cold, good or bad!
- The Power of Discipline
- Sentry of the Homestead
- You deserve an Academy Award!
- All in the Family
- What is your Passion?
- We danced through life
- A choice to make
- Five ingredients of personal growth
- Acres of Diamonds
- If you look like a duck . . .
- The Secret of Happiness
- Harvesting Love
- It's music to your ears
- A Special Brand of Luck
- They are just empty cars
- Thou Art An Eagle
- Encouragement Works
- When you're in the cement mixer
- Plant Annually
- Life and Its Legs
- No Barriers in Life
- Getting Started
- Good Leaders are Good Followers
- How much do you want it to be
- How to improve your vision
- What forgiveness will buy
- Why let that hold you back
- Letting the yeast work its magic
- 9 things that make good employees quit
- The Beginning of Positive Thinking
- Giving Back
- May you be known by your love
- Expand your vision of possibilities
- We are meant for the skies
- Mr Belser died last night
- Are you dead on the job
- What makes us happy
- Motivating Others
- The clock is running so make the most of today
- Calming the muddy waters
- Keeping New Year's Resolutions - the secret additive
- You are unique
- Web of Love
- Is happiness around the corner
- Seeing Life Through New Eyes
- An enriching action
- The Road to Significance and Success
- The real purpose of your life
- With leadership its the little things that matter
- The Obstacle in our Path
- Good deeds no matter how small can change the world for someone
- Accepting responsibility has its rewards
- An Inspiring Thanksgiving
- The Ever-Flowing Spiral of Love
- Clementine - My Very First Dog
- The Little Nail